• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS only letting me use one style of glyphs

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using PS for over a year now, and just recently got a better computer for it. PS worked fine just yesterday (been using it nearly everyday since I got my laptop a week ago). Now, when I go to type text, it only uses one style of glyphs for this font I'm using. 

I try to insert the basic font letters over the alternates and it automatically inputs the same glyph I just erased. I have no idea why it's suddenly doing this. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please insert proper screenshots by clicking the »photo«-icon, don’t attach them. 

insertPhotos.png

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org

Does this also happen when Photoshop > Preferences > Type > Anable type layer glyph alternatives is checked and you use that? 

Screenshot 2021-04-10 at 10.18.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does happen when that is checked as well. I appreciate the help, but I actually figured out what my problem was. The second line in Photoshop > Properties > Type Options had a highlighted aa type of box, and I uncheced that and it fixed my alternate glyphs so I can now choose which letters are basic and which are stylistic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to what c.p has told you, your attached screen shot is of no use at all. Please supply full res screen shot showing the relevant panels.  We also need to see the Character panel.  Or you could just reset the Type tool.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Monica5ECC 

Delova is not from Adobe Fonts and I see it is for sale at Creative Market. I did not purchase it to answer your question. It says their are 104 alternatives.

https://creativemarket.com/Khoir/3169896-Delova-The-Classic-Font

Try this: Select your text, then go to Type > OpenType. There will be checks by the alternates you have chosen. (The ones that the type designer did not use are grayed out.) Uncheck the one that is causing the issue. These settings are sticky, and will be used until changed or the tool is reset.

jane-e_0-1618060860370.png

Alternately, reset the Type tool as @Trevor.Dennis said. Right click it in the options bar and Reset Tool. That always works when a tool is not working as expected because options have been set for it.

Show a screen shot similar to this one if you don't see it since we don't have your typeface. Use the Insert Image command in the Reply window (mountain and sun).

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually really useful. I did find out how to fix it on my end, but I will definitely remember this again in the future. (Unfortunately this isn't the first time I've had this issue with glyphs.)

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @Monica5ECC , and I hope it works for you the next time you have the issue. Post here to let us know!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this answer! I was having this issue for several days this week and I found your solution through searching!

I could not for the life of me figure out why it kept adding the stylistic option and it's because it was checkmarked under opentype! So if anyone else has this problem use Janes answer! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So if anyone else has this problem use Janes answer! 

By @bafflingbarnacles

You're welcome, and I'm glad this was useful after three years, baffling barnacles!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines