Exit

psd and psb File Format Specifications

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2010 Mar 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides these 2 documents
a) Photoshop CS File Formats Specification October 2003
b) Adobe Photoshop 6.0 File Formats Specification Version 6.0 Release 2.0 November 2000

Are there any other documents which would be helpful in understanding the PSD and PSB formats?

Is there a document/spreedsheet which shows which features are supported via Photoshop Versions
2.0 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 7.0 CS CS2 CS3 CS4 showing PSB and PSD features?

Where would these additional documents be located?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Nov 08, 2010 Nov 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That page has been working just fine since Tom posted it.

I've tried from the office, from home, and from remote desktop to Australia -- all can access and download the SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... it seems I'm not the only one denied http://forums.adobe.com/message/2956903#2956903

Could you tell what's the procedure to access these pages? I always get this on the whole http://www.stage.adobe.com server:

Access denied

We're sorry, you are not allowed access to the service you requested.

If you feel you should have access, please contact the appropriate authorities and give them your IP address: ***.***.***.***

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Denied here too, but I think these documents are restricted to program participants of some kind?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duh. My mistake.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/photoshop/

Yeah, Tom pointed to the staging server, and yes, access is restricted.

When I tried it from home, I typed in the URL and ignored the stage part...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK! now I can get to that page but since the most recent information there dates from April 30, 2010 and Tom's post dates from Nov 8, 2010 I presume the answer to my original question is "No"

Hopefully we'll reach "soon" any time... soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because Tom's post got edited yesterday to correct the URL.

Tom actually wrote his post in June.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2010 Nov 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I see it it is still the same old thing:

1. Go to http://www.adobe.com/devnet/photoshop.html

2. Download Photoshop CS5 SDK

3. Open documentation.html

4. "Frequently Asked Questions" on the left

5. "2.8 Where is the Photoshop File Formats.pdf file?

You need to request the Photoshop File Formats documentation explicitly.  In your request make sure you explicitly ask for the "Photoshop File  Formats.pdf" file"

6. Click link provided: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/photoshop/

7. stare (or go to 1.)

8. stare more

9. Serach for "format" in page

10. Search for "request" in page

11. Try to *cearfully* read every link on the page

12. FAIL

13. Go read many many forum posts about the same issue

14. Eventually you might find a link that might be the holy request form

15. Write a polite request

16. Receive an mail that the team is on vacation and you will be contacted when they return

17. Do not receive any feedback half a year later

18. Forget about it until you receive a notification from the forum that the issue is still there but there is some progress

19. Remember also there is brand new SDK (CS5)!

20. Go to 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached July 2010 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I search this topic! Grr. Does anyone know how to find all the links on this subject? I want to linke them all together and post the PDF on all of them

. I am working on getting the file on devnet. If you find a link please cross post and/or copy the PDF to that discussion. All links to a "stage" server are incorrect for public use. Can we get those links removed? And yes, I should know how to do that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank, You.

The simplest (ok, may be not the simplest, but The Right) thing to do is just correct the SDK information.

Again, thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I want to report about broken links in the Adobe Photoshop File Format Specification available on Adobe site at http://www.adobe.com/devnet-apps/photoshop/fileformatashtml/

I believe the specification itself should have following address: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-apps/photoshop/fileformatashtml/PhotoshopFileFormats.htm because all internal links in it points to PhotoshopFileFormats.htm document which is not available on the server, so you can't navigate thru specification using chapter links.

I think that making document PhotoshopFileFormats.htm available on your web server directly (not thru redirection to default document as it is right now) should resolve the problem.

And it would be nice to have a link to PDF version (along with present HTML version) on the SDK download page too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2011 Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it is fixed now. Thanks for the feedback. (The links on devnet.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines