• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

purchase photoshop cs6 standalone?

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I need to purchase photoshop cs6 standalone (not cloud version) and I cannot find it on the adobe website.

Also, I would need to be able to place an order under special offers, for educational purposes.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much, it really helps.

have a good day.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are not standalone, they are the cloud version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it says, you now need to call Adobe on the phone to purchase CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This discussion is from 2014 (11 months ago).  A lot has changed since then.

Going forward, products are delivered via the Creative Cloud subscription model.

• CS6 is legacy software. 
  • CS6 is no longer supported or updated. 
  • CS6 is not certified to run on newer operating systems above Win 7 or OSX 10.7

If you're still keen on purchasing CS6, contact Adobe by phone: 800-585-0774.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats a pity. I hate subscriptions and now I cannot used these products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all those who are really pissed off at Adobe for forcing people into subscription only (like me), try Affinity Photo - it's already about as good and capable as Photoshop, most commands and key commands are identical, and it's $80. I have it and it is a great replacement for Photoshop, especially if you're already a user of keyboard shortcuts etc.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can I use the Adobe Extension Manager with a stand-alone version of Photoshop CS6 Extended or do I need another version?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Adobe CS6 Extension Manager with CS6 products.  Other EM versions are not compatible with CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy.  I downloaded Extension Manager for CS6 from Adobe's website but it does not recognize my Photoshop CS6.  Is it because it a stand alone version?  Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to say this but Adobe's EM bites.   Maybe that's why they abandoned it.

I have some good 3rd party EMs you can try that actually work with any product version. They're all free.

Anastasiy's Extension Manager

http://install.anastasiy.com/

Project Seven's Extension Manager

http://www.projectseven.com/extensions/

DMX Zone's Extension Manager

http://www.dmxzone.com/go/22670/dmxzone-extension-manager-for-dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy. 

Do you know anything about the plug-in Kwik?  This is what I need to install and they say I need to use Adobe Extension Manager.  I will try to use one of the other ones you suggested to see if they work. 

I was also told that because this is a stand alone version of Photoshop CS6 I could not use anything else with it?  Is this correct?  If so then I guess I am wasting my time. 

Thanks for your suggestions and I hope this works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The standalone (perpetual licensed) version of CS6 is the same as Creative Cloud CS6.  The only difference is the payment and distribution model.  They are largely the same product.  So I don't understand why the extension wouldn't work with your version. 

Check the Extension Developer's web site to ensure that it works with CS6 and you have the proper extension file type -- ZXP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried the other links you gave me yet.  I will though.

What is the difference between a perpetual license and an internal license? Or is there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No difference.  Perpetual License is the one-time purchase option.   It's a license to use the software for as long as it works on your operating system.  CS6 is legacy software now.  It's sold as-is with no updates and no support.  If you eventually need to upgrade, there is no path for that.  You would need to go on the Creative Cloud Plan where you get free product updates/upgrades for as long as you remain a subscriber.  Plus all the other perks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not "free" updates as you must pay monthly for LIFE for them. I fully understand the business model as it creates a complete dependency based clientele, but it is a tremendous disservice to purchasers and users who dislike or are opposed to monthly subscriptions and complete internet dependance.

It aggrivates me to see the word "free" attached to something that charges every single month for life. Is it because Adobe is seeking a future model that will charge monthly fee AND charge for updates as well? Or is it just a dishonest business tatic to use the term free with a reoccurring charge product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They are not "free" updates...   ...it is a tremendous disservice to purchasers and users who dislike or are opposed to monthly subscriptions and complete internet dependance.

==========

@William & Jenni 

Unlike the former model where you had to pay for every upgrade into perpetuity, there is no extra charge for updates/upgrades now.  It's included in the subscription.  It's 2021 now.  Times have changed. Nobody is forcing you to subscribe.  That's entirely your choice.  Despite what you may think, Creative Cloud is not cloud-based software.  It downloads & installs on your computer the same as it always did.  And Cloud storage is optional.  You're not obliged to use it.

If you decide to try before you buy, please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud Desktop App + OS + all other apps.  Check each one.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Goodbye & best of luck.

[Discussion from 2014 locked by moderator due to its age.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for all of your help.  And it really was a big help.  I will try one of the other extension managers tomorrow and let you know how it went.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines