• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quickest way of removing the copyright name and email address from images ?

Participant ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I normally have photoshop CS6 adding my name and year as copyright. If I open a photo in photoshop and go File>FileInfo I see my name as copyright and as author,  under tabs  Description, IPTC, Audio, Mobile SWF.

If I select and delete the name etc from author and copyright and go Ok, when I go file>FileInfo again all entries are gone. However I send image to a friend and he says he can see my email address for the image before even opening it in Pshop !!!

where the blazes did that get onto it, I dont have that set up in camera. I dont have that set up in File Info either.  If I right click it in windows explorer I dont see an email address, he is MAC though.

How do I stop Pshop doing this email address addition, or where is this being done ? I have never willingly decided to add that to any images.

I am creating images for ebay and dont want my name or email address on them, as it is I have hundreds to un-name, so firstly I need to remove my name and copyright from images that shows up in file info,  is there a quick way to do so ?

Secondly I need to remove that email address he is seeing before opening in pshop, again for hundreds, how can I do that ?

Worried...

Merlin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

D_Fosse...It must come from the email address you sent the file from, that's the only thing I can think of. He says "the file info tab prior to going into Photoshop", right? He must be looking at whatever file browser he's using in whatever OS.

That was it, he was looking at it outside of photoshop and it was showing him the source (email) of the image, wild goose chase !

Thanks all for suggestions.

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fastest way is through Bridge, as you can select all the files and do all at once, through file info. What field is you friend seeing you email? I've never heard of that being added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or just post it on this forum... auto strips out the metadata

most cameras today will auto add email + other data to their raw files, I assume you know that removing this data is offen illegal but its easy to do by replacement templates and bridge can do that in batchs... its also possible in Lightroom classic but Bridge is what I would use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Chuck...I dont use Bridge but having opened it, and selected images, then gone file fileinfo I see my name as author and as copyright, so I delete those details and click ok, but the thumbnails still show what I just deleted, and opening one image its steill there, how does one select all images and delete that from all in one go ?

Ussnorway, I have an EOS70D Canon but in menu copyright I see my name, so now remove that, but dont see a n entry for email, and I would never have chosen to write such in there anyway, so I am at a loss to know where this email is coming in from. I have asked my friend just exactly where he is seeing it as he says

"prior to going into photoshop the file info description tab shows :- name where from as  'my name', then EOS 70D, 60mm then email address. After it goes through photoshop it shows only EOS 70D 60mm.

No email address etc.

He will take another look as he said later he saw it in photoshop ! which contradicts that above. I dont see it in photoshop though.

Not sure what u mean by post it on the forum, auto strips out metadata. Post what, the image ?, and what is 'auto' and if it strips it out, upon posting what is the advantage ? If it doesnt I dont want my email address that is in the photo visible, so puzzled.

I see my camera had my name in the copyright section so for the moment I have deleted that.

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must come from the email address you sent the file from, that's the only thing I can think of. He says "the file info tab prior to going into Photoshop", right? He must be looking at whatever file browser he's using in whatever OS.

In other words, not embedded in the file, but added in the email transfer.

I do have my email address in xmp metadata, as part of my standard Lightroom / Bridge template auto-appended on every import. But the only place it shows up is under the IPTC tab, in the appropriate "E-Mail(s)" field. If I delete it, it's gone. (it also shows under "Raw Data", as I would expect, but it's the very same entry).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW there's a simple way to test: Export or Save For Web, stripping all metadata. Email that. If there's still an email address there on the receiving end, it's added in transfer, not in the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't use Bridge, do you use lightroom? That metadata will remain in the LR catalog unless you replace it in LR and changing it in Bridge will remove it from the file, until you open it from Lightroom again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

D_Fosse...It must come from the email address you sent the file from, that's the only thing I can think of. He says "the file info tab prior to going into Photoshop", right? He must be looking at whatever file browser he's using in whatever OS.

That was it, he was looking at it outside of photoshop and it was showing him the source (email) of the image, wild goose chase !

Thanks all for suggestions.

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines