• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Disc error" message with only Nik Silver Efex plugin.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the Nik collection (free ver) with only a minor hickup and a work around. Now when I try and send an image over to Silver Efex I get.

"Could not complete the Silver Efex Pro2 command because of a disc error"

None of the other Nik plugins do this, only Silver Efex. I did an uninstall and reinstall of Nik. PS ver is 22.3, Windows is ver 10.0.1 and my computer is less than 6 months old. 

I can send an image from LR to Silver Efex with no issues. Suggestions /ideas anyone? I have turned on and off graphics in PS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too. Have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did get it working.To my best memory I uninstalled the Nik Suite from both LR and PS. I reinstalled both into Lr  and put the collection into C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Plug-ins\Google. and its now working. If I remember LR uses nik from that location and I then have to put it in prefeneces to use for external editing. Hope I helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. In the meantime I found a different solution. I tried launching Silver Efex as an app which gave an error message stating the MSVCR110.dll was missing. There are lots of ways to fix this (per web search). I fixed it by repairing the installation of "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012" on my system.

By the way, I believe this issue was caused on my system by a recent update from Windows 10 20H2 to Windows 10 21H1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines