• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Error opening the portable document file (PDF) document. error code = 0X20030055"

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop, it was being very laggy while I'm saving my photoshop PDF file and it stopped at 15% during the process. I forced quit my photoshop, but after I can't open my photoshop PDF on both Photoshop and Adobe anymore and it occurs
"error opening the portable document file (PDF) document. error code = 0X20030055". I tried to restart my MacBook, rename the file name, and edit my finder preferences, but it still doesn't work. I'm wondering if there're any method could recover the photoshop PDF file, as I'm working on my assignment, it will mean a lot a lot to me. Thanks! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

As you're getting an error while trying to open a PDF file in Photoshop, could you please let us know the version of Photoshop you're working on? You can verify the version by going to Help > System Info 

Also, it seems that the PDF might have gone corrupt. You may have a look at this discussion and see if it helps: https://ccm.net/forum/affich-449-photoshop-cs3-can-t-open-files

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sahil, 

Thanks for your reply. I'm using Photoshop Version: 2017.1.0 20170309.r.207. 

I tried the above method, unfortunately it doesn't work since I can't open my Photoshop PDF file via both Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat, and it occurs "error opening the portable document file (PDF) document. error code = 0X20030055". And also, my corrupted PDF file's size was reduced. 

Alternatively, I tried to save as an other file on Preview on my MacBook, however, it just saved as a normal PDF file, which isn't a photoshop PDF file and lost all the Photoshop layers. I'm pretty keen to look forward to see if there're any method can recover the original Photoshop PDF file. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines