Highlighted

Reference point doesn't stay in desired place

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need to rotate a layer around a specific point so I just set the reference point at the right position. The issue is that when I loose the focus of the layer, the reference point goes back to its default place (center).

I have to lose the focus because I need to lock/unlock another layer during the process.

And I will need to repear this operation many times.

Does someone know how to avoid the automatic reset of the position of the reference point ?

Exactly like After Effects for instance.

I would be very grateful if someone had a solution because I haven't found this question yet.

TOPICS
FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Reference point doesn't stay in desired place

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need to rotate a layer around a specific point so I just set the reference point at the right position. The issue is that when I loose the focus of the layer, the reference point goes back to its default place (center).

I have to lose the focus because I need to lock/unlock another layer during the process.

And I will need to repear this operation many times.

Does someone know how to avoid the automatic reset of the position of the reference point ?

Exactly like After Effects for instance.

I would be very grateful if someone had a solution because I haven't found this question yet.

TOPICS
FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you record trasform step in Photoshop action it will record and reference point. You can turn on modal [arrow is pointing to modal control in screenshot below] what will instruct Photoshop to enter free transform, set reference point to desired corner and to wait for you to further adjust transformation before finishing execution of that step. You can have only one step in action by the way, and to assign keyboard shortcut to play action. That is what comes to my mind at the moment.

Action can be even more useful if you are always doing same transformation with all your files but be careful, check everything before running batch process, if you ever come to that idea.

transform with modal.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 1
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you set a reference point to use manually with transforms? Are you settings a vertical and horizontal guide lines  so you can snap to the point over the canvas?   I set them all the tine using color sampler,   My script can process all 10 and rotate a layer about them.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0