Highlighted

Reinstalled CS6, updates no longer available?!

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I recently had to reinstall my copy of Produtction Premium CS6 due to a failed hard drive (mac os 10.14.6 mojave). The first hurdle I encountered is that adobe no longer makes this possible unless contacting support, since they've removed the links from their website.

However, once I got the download link from adobe support and installed the programs, I tried to update them. It was weird, there was an update for every app but they seemed to be very minor. After the update I checked the versions, and every app is a .0. For instance, photoshop is 13.0 and the last release was 13.0.6. However, no matter how many times I run the update manager, no updates are available.

I contacted once again adobe support, and all I got was a lecture on the virtues of the cloud model and a recommendation to use these forums. Weird that a multi billion company delegates the support on a peer to peer forum.

So, has anyone else found this problem? Is there a way to get the updated versions of the applications I paid for?

I know they are 8 years old and have zero desire to move to a subscription model. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Download and install, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Reinstalled CS6, updates no longer available?!

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I recently had to reinstall my copy of Produtction Premium CS6 due to a failed hard drive (mac os 10.14.6 mojave). The first hurdle I encountered is that adobe no longer makes this possible unless contacting support, since they've removed the links from their website.

However, once I got the download link from adobe support and installed the programs, I tried to update them. It was weird, there was an update for every app but they seemed to be very minor. After the update I checked the versions, and every app is a .0. For instance, photoshop is 13.0 and the last release was 13.0.6. However, no matter how many times I run the update manager, no updates are available.

I contacted once again adobe support, and all I got was a lecture on the virtues of the cloud model and a recommendation to use these forums. Weird that a multi billion company delegates the support on a peer to peer forum.

So, has anyone else found this problem? Is there a way to get the updated versions of the applications I paid for?

I know they are 8 years old and have zero desire to move to a subscription model. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Download and install, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but Adobe no longer provides updates for CS software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2020 0
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer is no.

Longer answer : CS6 is past Adobe's end of life support. It can still be downloaded from your account if you bought it as a download from Adobe. It can also still be activated, whether you installed from download or disk. However that is the "base version". Updates are no longer available.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer.

Quite an elegant move on adobe's side. So it turns out if I want the last version of the apps I paid for, my only choice is to get a pirated version? Maybe it's adobe's way to convince those of us who weren't willing to go the subscription route to finally cave in and embrace the creative cloud. Way to go, adobe!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2020 0
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"my only choice is to get a pirated version?"

Hi

What we have seen as volunteers on this forum is that the pirated versions often come with one or more of these issues:

• They can't be activated
  • They include malware
  • They have non-functioning features

You do have choices.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback link jane-e. I will use it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Acrobat update is actually still available here, for now...

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/10.x/10.1.16/misc/

This also updated the Adobe Application Manager when I started Acrobat for the first time after applying the update.

I would suggest you download this update and save it in a safe place before Adobe removes this option as well.

I had installed CS6 on a new Windows 10 system.

Before installing this update Acrobat would crash after about 10 seconds.

After applying this update it seems to be working properly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0