• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing older versions of Photoshop

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't downloaded the new 2020 version of Photoshop yet but I understand I will get the option to remove the previous version during the new download.

If I choose not to remove the previous version at the download stage, will I be able to remove it later on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can easily remove it later. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're starting to see the "file associations broken"-syndrome again, same as with every previous upgrade cycle, caused by uninstalling the old version after the new one is installed.

To be safe, install/uninstall in version order. Last in always goes first out. So if you have installed 2020, and later decide to uninstall 2019, do it in this order: 1) uninstall 2020 - 2) uninstall 2019 - 3) reinstall 2020.

Usually file associations can be re-established without problems. But occasionally it gets really stuck and you need to edit the registry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the piicture of the Creative Cloud desktop app below, you can see that I've got the current and previous versions of Photoshop installed. By clicking the ellipsis button to open the menu that has the Uninstall option, the older version can be uninstalled at any time.

Photoshop-old-version-uninstall.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone for all the help and advice. Really appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines