Highlighted

Replacement skies not working well

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried working with Replacing skys in the new version of photoshop. If your original image has any detail in the  sky, it will show in the replacement sky.  there is no way to change the opacity of the new sky, So,, it looks like the only time it would work is if the sky in your image is plain with no detail, such a shame, I would think when this was being developed they would try all sorts of skys in the original images

TOPICS
Mac, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Replacement skies not working well

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried working with Replacing skys in the new version of photoshop. If your original image has any detail in the  sky, it will show in the replacement sky.  there is no way to change the opacity of the new sky, So,, it looks like the only time it would work is if the sky in your image is plain with no detail, such a shame, I would think when this was being developed they would try all sorts of skys in the original images

TOPICS
Mac, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2020 0
D Fosse LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with these "magic buttons" is that people forget how to actually work with an image 😉 Look at your Layers panel. It's all there ready for you to go to work:

sky_layers.png

There's no reason to just accept the result as-is. You can modify it as much as you like. First the unaltered original, just for reference:

der_untergang_01.jpg

New dramatic sky:

der_untergang_02.jpg

- oops, that was a little to melodramatic. More sombre:

der_untergang_03_B.jpg

There's even a mask there for you. Grab a brush and paint in or out as much as you like:

mask_04.jpg

mask_05.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0