• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reset Preferences as a catch all fix is very frustrating

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer for every single adobe problem is getting frustrating. I have custom preferences, keybinds, and panel locations in every program I use. These features are helpful. I like them. Having to tear them down and rebuild them every time I encounter a bug is INCREDIBLY frustrating. As a full time graphic designer this means rebuilding preferences for one program or another once a month or more

What is the deal with that? Why is that the catch-all fix? Should I just move forward with all default settings even though that will be painful? Will that cut down on bugs? Just please, I'm sick of rebuilding preferences...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is user to user forum. If you want to reach Adobe employees and engineers then much better solution is to post on Photoshop family https://feedback.photoshop.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you ever backup (manually copy to somewhere) your preferences? If you do this while everything is working well, then you could use these to replace potentially corrupt preferences the next time you have an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reason preferences are prone to corruption is that they are rewritten and resaved every time you quit the application. Errors accumulate. As opposed to program files that are read-only.

That said, if you have to do this very often, something's wrong. We all have to reset on occasion, but maybe one or at most two times in the version cycle.

Save out as much of it as you can. Shortcuts and workspaces are things that can be saved out, as well as actions, brushes and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines