• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resetting the swatches panel

Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to do a little housekeeping witn my workspace today, and started messing around with the Swatches panel. First nuisance that I saw, was the top (non-folder) section of the panel had >100 shades of some off white color that I have no idea where they came from. Names like "OC-1 Natural Wicker," "OC 3 Lambskin," etc.

2020-03-21_19-36-56.png

How did they get there? Looks like I have to shift click on every one to remove them? And, how did all those swatches get into the area above the folders, without being in a folder themselves?

Is there no way to reset the Swatches panel to its default content? When I click the panel's menu, and choose "Restore Default Swatches," it appends a new copy of all the default folders (RGB, CMYK, Greyscale, Pastel, etc). If I "Restore..." several times, it keeps appending and I run out of space and hit the maximum possible number of swatches.

How can I restore just the Swatches Panel to the "out of the box" condition? (Hopefully without resetting Photoshop's preferences?)

Sorry if I missed something, but I haven't paid much attention to the Swatches panel lately and it seems things have changed 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how they got there, but "OC-1 Natural Wicker" and "OC-3 Lambskin" are Bejamin Moore paint colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that's a little bit helpful, because I think I worked on a client project some time back where they had specified a certain light white paint chip color. Perhaps I added them then. But still... how to get back to the default?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Looks like I have to shift click on every one to remove them?"

I don't know how they got there, either, but don't Shift+Click each one. Instead, click the first, then Shift+Click the last to get all of the ones inbetween.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jane-e, I will surely do that. But I wonder how to reset the panel completely? I see a variety of swatches in the top (non-folder) area in different videos, and I believe the defaul is "no" swatches up there, right? I plan to do some training including working with swatches, and don't want to confuse new users by showing something different from what they'd see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines