• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize Images to specific canvas size with border and shadow?

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a selection of images on my machine, Landscape, Portrait and Square...

I want all of these images to be resized to a 1000px x1000px canvas, centrally aligned with a 50px border around it and a drop shadow applied...

I don't think i'll be able to do this in one pass, but will this be possible firstly to make an image square using any form of automation? (bringing an image into a 900x900 canvas automatically?

my plan is then to open this next batch of images... creating a new layer... increasing the canvas size of the new layer by 100px (relative)

then selecting the image layer then applying the drop shadow and saving for web?

I'm fairly confident this should work i just don't know how to perform the first action?

Many thanks

Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Actually you can batch an action that uses my Plug-in script  Aspect Ratio Selection and do it all in a single pass. The plug-in is in my Crafting Actions Package.

To have a drop shadow  your action would first Flatten the image being process in case there were layers.   The action would the use my Plug-in to set a 1:1 cantered square selection as large as possible the selection would either be canvas height or width.  The Action would then crop the image square.  The action would then use Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in addition to this I have started to make a process however it's renaming of the file is causing a little havoc... this is what i am doing...

I have a blank document 900px x 900px

I drag an image in (this auto fits to scale)
I press Ctrl + F2 (my shortcut) which executes the batch...

It changes the canvas size to 1000*1000 (giving the 50px padding around the side)

It then applies layer styles

It then exports as web and saves it to a web folder.

It then closes the document

reopens another document 900px x 900px ready to drop my next image in.)

The problem I am having when it's creating the document it just over-writes the existing one, i could do with it running it;s names sequentially. is there an option how to do this? Or something within the batch action I could perform?

Many Thanks

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually you can batch an action that uses my Plug-in script  Aspect Ratio Selection and do it all in a single pass. The plug-in is in my Crafting Actions Package.

To have a drop shadow  your action would first Flatten the image being process in case there were layers.   The action would the use my Plug-in to set a 1:1 cantered square selection as large as possible the selection would either be canvas height or width.  The Action would then crop the image square.  The action would then use Adobe plug-in Fit Image to resize the square image  to 900px by 900px.  The Action would then convert the background layer to a normal layer and add a drop shadow layer style.  There would be nothing  for the drop shadow to fall on.  To  fix that the action would change the canvas size to 1000x1000px.  There would now be a transparent border and still nothing for the drop shadow to fall on.  So the action would add a new layer. It would the fill the layer with the color you want your border to be.  Once the color is fill in the action would move the active layer to the bottom of the stack and your image's drop shadow will fall  on it.

Batc that Action with Image Processor.

Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 10, 2014 Added Conditional Action steps to Action Palette Tips.

Contains

Example

Download

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines