Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rounded Rectangle Tool missing

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I cannot find the Rounded Rectangle tool in CC 21. I have reset all toolbar settings, reset workspace settings, etc, and the Rounded Rectangle tool is nowhere to be found.

Julianne5FB7_0-1615753736404.png

As you can see, all other shape tools are available in the Customize Toolbar options and no tools are hidden. One would think that if the Rounded Rectangle tool was available, it would be shown somewhere in here.

I own legacy software (CS6) and I even confirmed that I didn't just imagine the existence of this tool. It's readily available by default in the toolbar on CS6. Nowhere on CC 21.

Is this the result of the recent update? Is there something very obvious that I'm missing and can't find? Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

In version 22.3 the rounded rectangle tool has been removed. It is no longer needed as the standard rectangle tool can now do rounded corners. Just drag the handles

2021-03-14_20-58-50.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

@Edvard Edde Larsson wrote:

Oh, sorry. 🙂

Hi

In Illustrator, turn on the Bounding box from the View menu to see the Resize handles and Corner widgets.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a well thought out screen shot I must say.  It answers an obvious question you were likely to have been asked.

OK, any reason you are still using version 21. ?  Is it an operating system issue like you have an earlier version of OSX that won't run v22?  If not, then updating it always going to be your first best bet.

I am usually loath to suggest resetting Preferences until all else has been tried, but in this case, I think that's what I would do.

If resetting Preferences does not fix it, then we will need to know what operating system you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, haha. Sorry, I had gotten busy after posting, but Dave below figured it out for me.

Thank you for replying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In version 22.3 the rounded rectangle tool has been removed. It is no longer needed as the standard rectangle tool can now do rounded corners. Just drag the handles

2021-03-14_20-58-50.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you so much. I thought I was losing my mind.

I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those handles dont appear.  Do I have to be on a certain tool for those to appear? I have version 22.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are using the rectangle tool not the rectangular marquee tool

Dvae

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I ahve the same issue. I have the same version and Apple M1 chip

BR

Edvard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Edvard Edde Larsson You screenshot shows Illustrator. This forum and thread discuss Photoshop 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry. 🙂

In Photoshop it works. Sorry again.

Edvard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Edvard Edde Larsson wrote:

Oh, sorry. 🙂

Hi

In Illustrator, turn on the Bounding box from the View menu to see the Resize handles and Corner widgets.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

It works.

BR

Edvard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, @Edvard Edde Larsson 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines