• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ruler won't accept custom scale

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a custom scale set on my image. The measuring tool accepts it just fine but my rulers on the top and side don't. Neither does the shape tool or select tool. How do i fix this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you want to look into the Measurement Log! I have not used it but there seems to be some note about the rulers and the tools measurements units. The rylers around the document are the same Adobe's preset but the Ruler  tool can measure with your custom setting which show in the tool option bar. When use measurement is checked and the measurements can be recorder in the log

image.png

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. I've pretty well got the ruler down. It's.such.an underwhelming tool I don't see how anyone can't get it. Figured out in. 5 minutes.

Fundamental flaws with the Ruler tool:

1)Can't leave ruler engaged on the screen while using the brush or eraser. 

2)Cant use the ruler to measure out a distance and then place .A marker to identify they spot. 

3)No circular ruler, mirror ruler, or.Perspective ruler

4)Can't engage 2 rulers at the same time. I. E. Setting one after measuring to a oint then using a 2nd ruler to cross locate an exact spot. 

5=Rulrr doesn't correspond with other tools!!!!!! What good is it at all if you can only record a measurement that won't help with making precise edits to an image? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are two separate things. The custom measurement scale is strictly for using the ruler to to get a "converted" measurement. The rulers are for actual measurements/file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think adobe could have screwed up the ruler function any worse. It's so underwhelming and non-intuitive that it reminds me of the windows paint program on Window 3.0. So many great finctions and potential being left on the table. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have to agree!

It sounds like I'm trying to use the measureing tool function and rulers in a similar way as you have tried! There absolutly should be a way of customising the rulers and associated guides so that they are in sync with the scale set by the Measuring tool...

Now that I have set a custom scale with the Measuring tool, I want to be able to set the rulers to the same scale... Instead, the only way of using the rulers to scale is by blowing the image up to scale, by that point the scratch disks are full!

It sure is a miss, that these two methods of measurement and scale can't be coupled, when needs be... It seems really strange that this isn't possible... Like, if you have set a custom measurement, you are surly going to want the rulers to be in sync!??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines