• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for web scripting

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a readily available script for saving for web as optimised jpegs? i cant find one anywhere online, still learning javascript so would like to see how its done and then play around with it myself for a better understanding.

I've also looked in the photoshop documentation and cant find anywhere to script 'optimize to file size'? ideally i would like the quality to differ as i would want the max file size to be 600kb for example. is this possible? its possible if i manually saveforweb?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-script-for-faster-save-for-web/td-p/10735828?page...

update, just found this and i think this is what im after in regards to the file saving, no luck finding any info on the file size optimisation though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»to script 'optimize to file size'?«

What exactly do you mean? 

»I've also looked in the photoshop documentation«

Did you find this page? 

Screenshot 2020-09-29 at 09.32.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi!
yes thats the page i was after, so in the saveforweb dialog box, you can save the image at a specified file size, this obviously determines the quality (0,100). The scripts intention is to save maybe 150-200 images per day and they cant really be above 700kb each as theyre used for ecom purposes.

Screenshot 2020-09-29 at 08.46.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s not in the DOM, as dar as I can tell. 

Does it produce identifyable AM code with ScripitingListerner.plugin? 

Otherwiese the Script would probably need to itterate through quality settings, check the size until it hits an acceptable one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not used that plugin, I'll have a go and see what it brings up. thank you for the replies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’ll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, mis-click on the previous post … 

You’ll need that plugin when the DOM doesn't suffice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

unbelievable man! thank you haha, ill give this a go and see if it works the way i need it to. no idea how you found that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines