• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving multiple versions of a file with different names in one action to the same folder

Participant ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be a confusing question so I'll try to state it as clearly as I can. I want to save one image to several different sizes and names in one action.  There are 10 variations and 100 images. I would like to get one action to create 10 images from one image, saving each time with a different name for each image change. And they all have to go in one folder. 

Also - why cant a step backwards (while recording an action) after a "save as" then step backwards?  Neither the keyboard nor the commands are recording, even though the red light is on and the changes are happening on the screen, the undo to a previous state does not register in the recorded action. I need to go to a previous state in each action before implementing the next action.

thx

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have non-linear history on?

I always use an explicit snapshot that you need to revert to.

As for varying filenames, you would need a script for that.

Without creating a custom script, you may be able to achieve what you need using the fantastic Image Processor Pro script:

Image Processor Pro / v3_2 betas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Image Processor Pro Plug-in Script to do what you want to do.  Record it in an action in an old version of Photoshop.  The current versions of Photoshop no longer record Images Processor Pro actions step correctly.  Old versions of Photoshop do. You are not required to use Image Processor Pro in an action you cans use it from Bridge menu Tools>Photoshop>Image Processor Pro... or from  Photoshop menu File>Automate>Image Prtocessor Pro... and use Images Processor Pro... Dialog.  You can save the Dialog's settings to use and load them the next time you use the plug-in so you do not have to set up all 10 output files each tine you use Image Processor Pro Dialog. All image will retain their Aspect Ratio and be resized to fit within the canvas size set for the output file types.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to crop and resize images you can include an action for each output file the action would do the cropping and resizing.  you would use the script to resize all output files images.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also - why cant a step backwards (while recording an action) after a "save as" then step backwards?  Neither the keyboard nor the commands are recording, even though the red light is on and the changes are happening on the screen, the undo to a previous state does not register in the recorded action.

By @RAB123

For "Undo" use "Insert Menu Item..." in Actions panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines