• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scratch disk full mac

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I cannot use photoshop because my scratch disk is full. Although I've done everything to try and clear it, it still will not let me edit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Although I've done everything to try and clear it"

Hi

Is your scratch disk on your hard drive or an external drive? How much free space is on it? You will need to clear space or use a drive dedicated for the scratch disk. Hold down hold down the Cmd + Option keys (macOS) or Ctrl + Alt keys (Windows) during launch to set a new scratch disk.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html

What are the things that you have already tried so we don't repeat them here?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried what you just suggested but it never gave me an option to set a new scratch disk and the hard drive is internal.

I have cleared all my cache and made sure I didnt have anything on the mac I didnt need.

- Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried what you just suggested but it never gave me an option to set a new
scratch disk and the hard drive is internal.

I have cleared all my cache and made sure I didnt have anything on the mac
I didnt need.

- Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case it helps, you can also access information via the Scratch Disks tab of the Photoshop Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the only storage you have is one internal volume, then it’s normal that you won’t have any other options to create a scratch disk. The option is available only when you have multiple volumes connected, like a desktop with multiple hard drives inside, or a laptop or desktop with external storage attached. (For example, when I had this problem with my MacBook Pro, I attached a fast external drive that was empty, and assigned that as an additional Photoshop scratch disk.)

Jane-e asked how much free space is on the internal storage of the computer you’re using; did you answer that question? The answer is important; depending on the size of the Photoshop file, many users need more free space than they think. Do you have over 50GB or so of unused space left?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines