• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scratch Disk Full

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, listen. I don't want to hear the same old stuff. I'm using PS Pro, and I can't switch my scratch disk over to my SSD. Before you say to hold Ctrl+Alt, it doesn't let me select it. I've tried. Also, it won't start, so I can't go to the "Edit" or "Preferences" tab, and I've already reset default settings. I'm sorry if this comes off a little blunt, but rhe Adobe forum is abysmal. Also, please no Mac answers. I'm on Windows 10. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're facing issues with Photoshop as you're getting scratch disk error while loading the app.

Which version of Photoshop are you using? Do you get the error message while working within the app?

Please checkout the steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html#Troubleshootscratchdisksarefu... and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the most recent version of CC Pro. I’ve tried all that was
listed on the forum, and can’t make additional storage space. Still no
luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind restoring the preferences for Photoshop & see if it helps? See this article for reference: https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G You may want to backup your settings beforehand: https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're trying to use an external disk for scratch, that can sometimes be problematic. Make sure the disk is formatted to a file system that the OS and Photoshop accepts. For instance, MacOS no longer accepts exFAT (yes, that's a Mac answer, but just as an example. I'm Windows myself).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines