• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scratch disk full

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro 2015. I got an error message saying the scratch disk is full so after days of trying to fix it I could not fix it. So I uninstalled Adobe Photoshop and reinstalled it, after reinstalling it I now can no longer open Adobe Photoshop until I clear my Scratch disk. I've tried for days now looking for the location of my scratch disk but I cannot find it. Adobe Photoshop also does not allow me to change the location of my scratch disk. any suggestions, tips or tutorials will help

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How much free disk space do you have? How many GB?

Scratch disk is not a "setting", it's real, physical disk space. You'll need at least 50GB or so for Photoshop to open and operate normally - but perhaps 500GB or more for any extended work with large files.

Assuming the message isn't an error (it rarely is) - you need to clean out your disk and free up a lot more space ASAP. Not because of Photoshop, but because the machine may freeze and lock up at any time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines