• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Second Panel on right side always collapses

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first, I thought my layers panel was always collapsing, but then I tried moving my color picker panel to the lower half of the right hand side of the workspace, and it collapsed too. I don't have auto collapse enabled, and I do know how to get the panel back in view, but it resets to being collapsed every time I open Photoshop. Can anyone help?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Try resetting Preferences from Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit. First though, save any custom settings such as action sets, swatches, gradients, shapes, etc., so you can load them back in.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, a better way to explain this is that the expanded panel is the top one, all the other panels/tabs are minimized, no matter how many there are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In Preferences > Workspace > Auto-Collapse Iconic Panels, please confirm it is not checked. If that's not it, then share a screenshot.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annotation 2020-03-25 181600.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm sorry, I meant a screenshot that shows the issue with your panels.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annotation 2020-03-25 190305.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Color panel the only one that is causing the issue? Try dragging it to the other dock or make it a floating panel. Does it happen if you go between Swatches and Layers, for example?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annotation 2020-03-25 210144.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other times the layer panel was expanded but the color picker was minimized, but now they layers panel is still minimized?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annotation 2020-03-25 210626.png Same thing if I switch the tabs around

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screen shot would help here (before and after).

I'm guessing that is collapsing vertically because there isn't enough room. Maybe there is when Photoshop is maximized but it is opening at a slightly smaller size? Until we can see it, it's just guesswork. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to match your workspace and am not having that issue. Have you tried saving a custom workspace? Resetting preferences?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it is a custom workspace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i reset my workspace. I'll see if it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched back to the essentials workspace too and it still had the same result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting Preferences from Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit. First though, save any custom settings such as action sets, swatches, gradients, shapes, etc., so you can load them back in.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have been experiencing the same on startup, resolved it here too, thank you Jane!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Thanks so much I think that fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, Hyperexpresssion.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for my AI and there's no reset preferences button in options. Holding shifts+alts+controls and all other buttons have no effect.

The issue started when I've tried to click on a "vertical double arrow" sign near the name of a minimized panel.

This error automatically minimizes all other panels in a Side group when the program considers that there's not enough space to show all elements of a current expanded panel (before it just have had ignored such things or even had tried to scale up with the interface).

The most frustrating part is that you can't anymore have Properties and Layers panel expanded simultaneously as it was at the bare default start of Illustrator. In general it seems unappropriate to make the Layers panel auto-minimizeable due to its utmost importance.

The only salvation for now as I've found out: to swipe the Properties panel from the Side group to the Iconic Panels nearby.

MB it will help someone to spare some hour that I've lost on confronting this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Reset Preferences is in the same place in Illustrator as it is in Photoshop: Preferences > General > Reset Preferences. If you don't see it, we need to know your exact version.

jane-e_1-1597426970476.png

You can have Properties and Layers showing at the same time. Read this help file to understand how to move, size, and dock panels:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/customizing-workspace.html#customizing_the_workspace

jane-e_3-1597427779733.png

Some of your questions are unclear. Please post screen shots.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some screenshots to be chrystal clear that the problem is not in my eyeglasses)No such option. Not solved at allNo such option. Not solved at allThe same issue on a student's PC in a schoolThe same issue on a student's PC in a school

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Auto-Collapse and Auto-Show panels is the first thing I turn off in Preferences when installing a new version of Photoshop.  They drive me crazy.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines