• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serious S&M issues! Select and Mask, still very poor performance Mac.

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to exit out of the dialog, to interrupt the processes of Select and Mask? Because there is still some fundamental issue with the coding within Select and Mask dialog on mac - 

For example - at the moment I've a file open, which I spent an hour on, (not saved yet sadly) and I mistakenly, oops, launched Select and Mask forgetting the file size. Total freeze, it's churning through some step-by-step process as if it was 1995 precessor speeds, and there was single-core processor. Activity Montor tells me that it is still chugging. It doesnt actually crash Photoshop completely now, granted, it will eventually recover sometimes, taking a long time. When you have deadline (in my field deadles can be minutes) its tortuous to have to make a decision bewteen losing all your work, force-quitting the whole app, just to restart and get perfomance up again.   

Here's the clues - and why I'm cofident in saying 'poor fundamental structual design decisions within S&M dialog"  (since the beginning, sorry Select and Mask people, but this dialog ain't ever worked properlt)' 

1. Graphics card is not involved, so it is not a GPU preference issue as peopke have answered in the past. It is possible to switch out of photoshop aand all apps work perfectly, while this whole process is going on. Going in and out of photoshop works seemlessly. If GPU were involved in any way this wouldnt be happening, 

2.  There's is some  confusion between display issues (what the dialog os showing you of your image), and perfomance of the tools, thy sould not be linked, not deteriorate either in any way. They should now certainly be using diffrent parts of the processor.    

3. Wacom issues persist, there is hesitation while the  driver or cursor hesitates and jogs around. 

I'm on latest Photoshop, but still running Mojave. Have to, Please don't hit me. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

More inf- exact version of PS, what Mac is this on, how much RAM, where is the file located (external drive, etc) and does this happen with a small file on your desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines