• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Object opens a save dialog instead of updating in the document

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making paper minis in photoshop, and have several smart objects in this document already. I just imported a new picture to use for another mini, then went to edit it as a Smart Object. It went well, very easy edit. But when I went to close the window like I have with every other Smart Object in the project, after I hit save instead of returning me to the project, I was prompted to save the .psd somewhere. This has never happened to me, but I assumed that it was nothing and just hit "Save" again. I was returned to the project and none of my edits had carried over. I might be able to find the TEMP folder my .psd file saved to, but how do I avoid this in the future?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the smart object you opened was a jpeg file and you added layers you need to flatten the smart object works document before you save else save will switch to save as to give you the opportunity to save a layered document. You have to save the work document for Photoshop to see you updated the object. Here is the line of code I have in my scripts before I use save in case the object opened was a jpeg.

if (smartObject.name.indexOf(".jpg")!=-1) smartObject.flatten();

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines