Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 60 - Pots and Cans

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Winter is not a busy time in the garden but I wonder what might be have been happening in a quiet spot when we were not looking.

So I've modelled a corner of a garden, can you now bring it to life?  You can bring in a bit of nature, a bit of magic or something else entirely. The choice is entirely yours.

As always, anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. This is to stop the thread slowing down when lots of images are added.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW60Plantpots.jpg

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing that came into my head

SFTW60Plantpots1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha

Nice one Ged. I wondered how long that would take - and you've beaten Trevor to it

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

you've beaten Trevor to it

For those who missed it: 16 Sep 2018:

Re: Something for the weekend - Part 37 - Who is in the attic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

weed, weed.... how innocent we were...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week060.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I'd go with a more mellow mood this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah the weed of life and many happy memories and now you know where I get my bizarre from

videoblocks-smoking-bong-with-marijuana-on-a-black-background-and-black-cat-slow-motion_s5gfyvqbz_thumbnail-full01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Trevor,

Nice image.  Is pot legal in NZ?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

Hey Trevor,

We have a MMP (Mixed Party Proportional) voting system for our General Elections.  In our last Election the right wing National party got the most votes, but Labour took office in a coalition with other parties including the Greens. 

One of the elected Green Party MPs was a young and delightful Chlöe Swarbrick MP.  Chlöe is the Green's spokesperson for mental health, Education, Arts and Heritage, Tertiary Education, Small Business, Broadcasting, Youth, Local Government, and most importantly, Drug Law reform.    (There are eight elected Green Party MPs, so perhaps the others do not have such broad portfolios. )

It could have gone either way.  With eight MPs it would put National in power if the Greens had sided with them, but one of the conditions the Greens set was the insistence on a legalise recreational Cannabis referendum in the next Election in 2020, and National would not have a bar of it.   I rather think it will be a yes, and I can't wait to try it as an alternative to the hand full of painkillers I have to take everyday for the rest of my life. 

So ask me again in eighteen months time.

https://www.greens.org.nz/news/press-release/green-party-welcome-binding-referendum-cannabis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

Hey Trevor,

it is legal here in Australia but only in the act [australian capital territory] i.e, Canberra... you know, the place with all those 'tough on drugs!' politicians

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sftwe60-zoomed.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And some typical 'Aussi' backyard wildlife!

APC_0011.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wobart and Graham, there are so many things waiting to bite you on the bum in the dunny in Oz, and some of them can totally ruin your day.  Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't like to live there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't what first came to mind but evolved as I was trying to do something else:)

SFTW60PlantpotsDraw.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the last SFTW for me for the next month, heading over to Thailand for the month of March to do some traveling

SFTW60Plantpots2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Some good entries so far this weekend!

Jacob - I know we have had the odd cold spell this winter but a polar bear ! I hope not For your second image - I'll let others find that Adobe symbol - don't want to spoil it

Rista - I love the collage look in yourt image.

Trevor - You seem to have taken the title of the thread to heart in your picture.

Graham - Do they have leprachauns in Oz?

Wobert - I can now see what you do have in Oz

Dean - Out with the pencils and paints - spring is almost here!

Ged - You've taken us into full summer. Enjoy your trip!

The weekend is young - keep them coming!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW60PlantpotsRain.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My secret garden. Spring is nearly here! JHgarden 1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, so gentle, or we should have seen household pets besides precious contents of pot(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Graham - Do they have leprachauns in Oz?

Meet Betty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mystery solved...

easter.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 SFTW60Plantpots.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines