• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sorting images using Photoshop script problem

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I'm trying to combine tilesets into a single background image.

I named the images background_01.png up to background_300.png  and I use the script made by Andrew Noske (Photoshop Script: Create a montage from ordered image tiles)

but somehow the script just jumps to 100 after 10. ignoring the 11-99 images.

I also tried the script Insert Arrangement 2-2_D_EN made by Dido Scripts, its also similar to the first one but somehow it doesn't work as intended as well.

Image below for reference, does it have to do with the numbering? how do I name the tiles to make the script work? Thanks in advance.

First Script Problem.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

just rename images with 3 digits:

background_001.png,

background_002.png

background_099.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just rename images with 3 digits:

background_001.png,

background_002.png

background_099.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will try it, I'll search some batch file naming softwares. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the script even sort the images files.  Most likely most likely it does not. It will just process the files in some file system order. Create a layer for the Image, names the layer with the file name paste in the image  size the image the positions the images for the composite. The image layers will be stack  in the order files were processed. Most likely in File Names sort order.  The script may use a custom positioning method.  Like Size the images to fill a particular tile sizes,  mask off  excess image content so the image can be tiled out in a matrix with even white space between images.  Like I scripted in my Paste Image Roll script.   You specific the tile size in the script dialog the white space sizes the width of the document and print resolution  in this dialog.  The script calculate the size the canvas need to be based on the number  of image files you selects in a file selection dialog. If the script you have is saved as text JSX not JSXBIN you can edit the JSX text file  and search for sort.  I do not think you will find that the script sort the images.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll look into this thoroughly, thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alright, I'll also look into this further. Thanks for the tip as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines