• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stacking images in Photoshop for Ipad pro

New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently considering about in bying an ipad pro in order to process my images. As my main photography is astrophotography I would like to know if it's possible to stack images in this version and if I can blend my frames. If I can't do that, is it possible to export from my desktop version as .tiff files and then continue to mobile version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

When the original question was answered, back in 2018, the answer given was correct - no version of Photoshop was available on iPads at that time

A version is now available but is far short of the power of the full desktop application

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can’t run Photoshop or any other serious Adobe app on an iPad, which is basically an iPhone but bigger.  The iOS versions are very limited Products with some value but really little more than toys compared to the “real” Photoshop. Make sure you try them before choosing hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually you can do layers in photoshop mix on ipad pro.  There is a serious variance between ipad and ipad pro.  Photoshop split into several apps to manage the processing power but you can do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theb why is adobe sauing that it is the same photoshop seams either false advertising or you dont know what your ralking about

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can definitely can stack astro images and image processing in Photoshop and/or Lightroom on your iPad Pro I've.been doing it for months. The new iPad Pro 11" is so fast...(faster than most new PC Laptops) I can  watch my image update in real time using my apple pencil on the slider bars for .. luminance, vibrance, noise reduction, drizzle, etc...stcking takes a few seconds depending on the image total. In addition, Affinity also allows you to do the same processing now on your iPad Pro. PrimaLuce Labs now has a complete telescope observatory controllerTo do your imaging sequence flow, focusing, polar alignment, periodic error correction, stacking, in a cute little Italian red box which has a Win 10 inside -completely controlled and displayed on your iPad Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is you have not even used iPad Pro or the full version of Photoshop in it. Of course, there may be few limitations but the full version is far more complex than the regular iOS photoshop. You seem to be stucked in the early years when people would refer the iPad as a blown verion of iPhone. There are many version of iPad, and the iPad Pro is much faster and more powerful than most laptops out there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When the original question was answered, back in 2018, the answer given was correct - no version of Photoshop was available on iPads at that time

A version is now available but is far short of the power of the full desktop application

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines