Highlighted

Stop Photoshop from stealing focus when starting?

Engaged ,
Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first launch Photoshop CC 2017 it reaches a point where it steals the focus on Windows 10 and puts Photoshop as the active application. While this is a bit annoying it's not unusual for apps to do this when they're first launched. However, when I go back to the app I was on, Photoshop will steal focus at least 3-5 more times. Even minimizing Photoshop after the first instance doesn't do anything because it goes back to fullscreen and puts its self as the currently active app each time.

Is there anything that can be done to stop this behavior or at least force Photoshop to only grab focus when it's fully loaded and ready to go?

Hi Michael,

This is a known issue, I encourage you to follow the link mentioned below and cast your vote by clicking on me too, Our engineering team is aware and are working on a fix.

Photoshop: When launching Photoshop it recurringly takes focus from another application/task (Windows) | Photoshop Famil…

Regards,

Sahil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Stop Photoshop from stealing focus when starting?

Engaged ,
Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first launch Photoshop CC 2017 it reaches a point where it steals the focus on Windows 10 and puts Photoshop as the active application. While this is a bit annoying it's not unusual for apps to do this when they're first launched. However, when I go back to the app I was on, Photoshop will steal focus at least 3-5 more times. Even minimizing Photoshop after the first instance doesn't do anything because it goes back to fullscreen and puts its self as the currently active app each time.

Is there anything that can be done to stop this behavior or at least force Photoshop to only grab focus when it's fully loaded and ready to go?

Hi Michael,

This is a known issue, I encourage you to follow the link mentioned below and cast your vote by clicking on me too, Our engineering team is aware and are working on a fix.

Photoshop: When launching Photoshop it recurringly takes focus from another application/task (Windows) | Photoshop Famil…

Regards,

Sahil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 13, 2016 0
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2016 0
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you think opening PS is bad, try loading 30 or 40 files as layers. PS steals focus EVERY TIME IT OPENS A FILE.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2016 2
Enthusiast ,
Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this has become more noticeable recently. It is annoying to switch away from Photoshop as it loads as it steals focus back every 2 seconds or so until it is fully loaded.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2017 2
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Photoshop: When launching Photoshop it recurringly takes focus from another application/task (Window...

Regards,

Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so annoying. When will this issue be resolved? I can't work like that. It has been close to half a year since this is known.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2017 5
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so nice to know that i'm not the only one who is driven nuts by this ...

this seems like one of those small design annoyances that becomes bigger the more you use the products

please adobe fix this

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2017 3
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This frustrates me completely. I like to open photoshop and then continue working while it loads but it won't let me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2017 0