• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

straight line to curve using brush tool

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are making a straight line w/ the brush tool by using the shift, can you make it go into a curve(without making a hard angle)?  Same goes for making a curved line and then wanting to go into a straight one.  Sometimes I can do it when I release shift as I make the stroke, but usually it makes the hard angle, is there anyway to control it?  And I'm already using 100% smoothing to try to keep it straight as possible w/out th

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can probably do it if you're really good with your pointing device, but it might be easier to draw a path then stroke it with a brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what Chuck says...

This technique I use a lot in product photography where I need a precise brush stroke...
for eg: this before and after:

BeforeBeforeAfter usin "stroke path"After usin "stroke path"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I didn't understand this last response.  But I do think it is afeature that should be added...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What i am trying to illustrate is the straight line and into curve in a practical application. Brushing a stroke is an excellent way to precisely control lines and curves. I highly doubt the they will ever add what you are suggesting as a feature, you can imagine the radius of the curve etc, with a thickness of the brush, effects etc. It is not a vector drawing application. It paints/colours pixels.

/G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is brushing a stroke? i’ve stroked lines but not brushed them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

double post cant delete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

here is a vid to explain:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you actually doing? Touch-up, painting, drawing, …? 

As others have mentioned you should consider using Paths; but depending on what you really are trying to achieve this may not be useful to you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines