• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke wont appear until a take the pen off the the tablet

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been facing this issue for a long time now and this is slowing my work process

I'm using a Surface Book 2 15, 16gb gtx1060 6gb.
I draw using the frame timeline

The issue:

When drawing on Photoshop, eventually the strokes will stop appearing, it will only appear when I take my hand with the pen off the display, then the strokes will appear one by one. This will happen over and over and over. I tried many different performance configurations. I checked the I checked the task manager during the issue and it doesnt seem to be related to performance.

I tested it with different tablets as:

Surface Book 2 + Surface pen
Surface Book 2 +  191gt v2 Huion Kamvas
Surface Book 2 + Wacom Cintiq 24 pro

Photoshop​ !

The issue happens using any of the options above, Im not sure if this is a bug with the surface Book 2, or is just Photoshop. Any one know any other discussion related to this?

I really need to fix this asap, this is slowing me down during my work

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victor,

That does not sound good, as it's not a typical experience with Photoshop.

As the stroke does not appear until the pen is not taken off the tablet, could you please let us know the exact version of Photoshop you're working on?

Also, could you try the steps mentioned here and let us know if it helps?

Fixing Surface Pen Pressure in Windows 10 – Patrick Deen

You may also check the correct answer on this forum thread and see if it helps: surface pro 4 loses pen pressure with cc 2018 update

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm using Photoshop cc with the latest updates. Windows 10 version 1903 with all drivers updated

This might be an issue with windows ink, since this problem disappear when I turn windows ink off, but then I lose the pressure and I lose line quality.

This only happens when using Photoshop. And as I said, I tried different pens and tablets.

I really need to fix this, its slowing down my work process and its very stressful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try checking if there is any update available for the Operating System or the Wacom tablet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as I mentioned before, Windows 10 is running the latest version, I just update firmware and everything that is possible to update, drivers of my NVDIA gtx1060 are updated as well, Photoshop is running on the latest 20.0.4 version, just checked again and there's no update available. 

Also to just describe the issue again:

When drawing using Photoshop, sometimes the stroke will stop appearing and it will only show up when I remove the pen off the display.

Heres a video of the issue using the Cintiq
  Shared album - Victor Sampaio - Google Photos

And heres a video of the issue when using the Surface Pen Shared album - Victor Sampaio - Google Photos

The issue happens when using: Cintiq 24 pro, happens with the Huion Kamvas 191-GT and also when drawing using the surface Pen (I have a Surface Book 2), is the exact same issue in every tablet.

I have two Surface Book 2 devices here, the issue happens in BOTH

So I guess this is related to either Photoshop OR Windows INK, because I noticed that the issue disappear when I open the Wacom Tablet software and unchecked the Windows ink option. But without windows Ink I dont have pen pressure.

The issue doesn't happen in ANY OTHER sotware, its JUST  PHOTOSHOP

This is making my work impossible to be done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also just to complement the last answer.
The issue is worse when using  large files with lots of layers and using the frame timeline.  So maybe this also has something to do with Photoshop trying to update the frame timeline as I draw.

The thing is I had the task manager to see the performance open and its doing fine, I have an i7 running at almost 4ghz and 16gb os RAM and a GTX 1060 with 6gb... So I dont understand why this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victor, I think that I found the issue. I dont know why but I realized that when my photo viewer app (native of windows 10) is closed the bug dont happen, and for some reason if its opened then the bug appears again. Try it and tell me if its solved. I'm using my iphone to see references, sadly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi for those who have the same bug here is what i've done to solve it since no one answers it  :

I tried many time to change the performance options and checked my drivers and ram .... I disable/enable windows ink manytime but it didn't work at first !

So i followed this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGQNRWitDXE which succeed and i got back the pen pressure but then the same bug as described on the upper post occured. So i went in my wacom driver to disable windows ink which worked !

After that photoshop preview lagging disapeared , its been 5 years now since windows ink causes problems and they still aren't solved i know its tough to patch .

Have a nice day i hope it will help someone ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the very same problem! I need to deliver my projects and this bug is messing everything. Anybody can help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines