• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surface Book 2 Pen Tilt?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current hardware is a Microsoft Surface Book 2 with the new tilt enabled Pen and a regular desktop PC with a Wacom Cintiq 24 HD Touch.

Both will show signs of working Pen Tilt when testing it in OneNote or Windows Ink using a pencil but neither will do when attempting it in Photoshop CC 2018+

All Photoshop gives me is a small warning triangle in the Brush Settings where Pen Tilt is selected and hovering over it tells me I need a Pen Tilt enabled Tablet.

Any ideas how to get this fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Photoshop pen tilt works with Wacom pen using INK API I would think that the Surface Pro and Surface Book 2 with all Windows updates are installed Photoshop pen tilt should also work

Buy Surface Pen - Write and Draw naturally - Microsoft

You wrote that you pen shows sign of of working with onenote and Windows INK to me that sound like tile is not working are all windows 10 updates installed?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: Logged in with the wrong account... I'm the OP of this thread.

Below is an example of how the Brush Settings look when tested with one of the "newly added" Kyle's Brushes - I believe this one was a Happy 2B Pencil...

yVd4G9x.jpg

I'm fairly confident that every possible Update is installed on either of the tested Hardware - Especially the Surface Book 2 with it recently updating a bunch of Firmwares.

Photoshop apparently has no issues recognizing the rotational angle of the pens ( pen angled towards me, the top or to the sides of the screen ) but Tilt? Nope. Now that I think about it... I haven't tested if the rotation function of the Wacom Art Pen to act like a chiseled marker works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question as OP, I have the same exclamation mark as in OP's screen shot, and no sign of tilt in Photoshop, yet it works just fine in OneNote and other apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with surface 7 pro and microsoft pen in photoshop 22.1.0. 

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
OS build 19042.685
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Pressure works in photoshop  but tilt does NOT.

Art rage 6 is working with tilt and pressure

Corel painter 2021 does not see either and the Realistic paint program is also not seen pressure 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fresco is working with both pressure and tilt so its photoshop and corel painte that are broken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines