Highlighted

Temp Files Taking Up Storage When PS is Opened

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, So i just recently cleared my Preferences, and now when I open photoshop, 3 files called Photoshop Temp33991121460 go to my temp files and I try to delete them but I cant because photoshop is opened. When i close to try and delete them, they just disapeer and I dont know where theyre located now. Ive tried so many things and I just cant seem to find anything.

Topics

Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Temp Files Taking Up Storage When PS is Opened

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, So i just recently cleared my Preferences, and now when I open photoshop, 3 files called Photoshop Temp33991121460 go to my temp files and I try to delete them but I cant because photoshop is opened. When i close to try and delete them, they just disapeer and I dont know where theyre located now. Ive tried so many things and I just cant seem to find anything.

Topics

Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your Scratch Disc settings are off ater you reset. The settings are located at Edit > Prefrences > Scratch Discs.

Semaphoric-PLXibM_0-1599578747511.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are Photoshop work files. They are temp files and will be deleted when Photoshop is closed.  Photoshop can use a huge amount of scratch space when it is running.  If your Boot disk  does not have more then 100GB of free space do not  have it as Photoshop first scratch disk have it as the last scratch disk.  If Your boot system disk fills up your systems will not work well.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines