• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text and Images duplicating in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my photoshop in CC and I am having the weirdest issue.  If I open up a new document and drop a photo in it and move it slightly, it creates an image, but not a layer of the same picture underneath or overlapping.  This happens when I make text on it too.  I've found that I have to turn off a layer (usually a blank layer) and then it goes back.  However it does this EVERY TIME I do something so my work is doubling for no apparent reason and it's making my mental.

Attached are three sccreen shots.  First is opening a photoshop file. Second I moved the text down, which then made the same text show up without a new text layer and in the same old place.  Third is a screen shot of me turning off a completely different layer which make the text from the first capture vanish.  Now if I move that same text again, I have to go through the same process and IT SUCKS!!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!

THANK YOU!! AND CHEERS!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Legacy Compositing and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like turning off the Legacy Compositing might be working.  THANK YOU SO MUCH.  It was really starting to kill me and making my work so much tougher.  Cheers and thanks again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suffering the same issue, turning off legacy compositing does work, however it raises an old issue I have when trying to open certain images "Could not complete your request because of a program error". Legacy compositing was the only thing that fixed the latter issue (reinstalls, nothing in the logs, etc etc...). So the choice is messed up screen updates or not being able to open files, haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to roll back to a Photoshop version where the bugs were still manageable for you … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That'd be 2019... And isn't the point of paying for a sub to get working software? Perhaps I could roll the sub price back to early 2019 prices to compensate? Sorry for the sarcasm, cop out reply to a cop out answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

But as a Photoshop user I certainly sympatise with the frustration … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, please try to update to 21.2.1, as one of the listed bug fixes is for this very problem, and please report if it worked: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

(but leaving legacy off is the best option going forward, anyways)

Please try to find replicable steps for the issue you have with legacy off and maybe a video capture, then search or create a thread on the https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines