• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Box is automatically filled with text

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I draw a text box in Photoshop cc 2019, the text box is filled with text in a foreign language (not English).  The text box has not done this in the past.  I have tried resetting the Horizontal Type Tool and that did not fix the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

It sounds like that's the placeholder text (lorem ipsum). If you want to turn it off, go to Edit > Preferences > Type... and uncheck Fill new type layers with placeholder text.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like that's the placeholder text (lorem ipsum). If you want to turn it off, go to Edit > Preferences > Type... and uncheck Fill new type layers with placeholder text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much....This has been driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The programmer that did this is [abuse removed].  They think it's funny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. And he should be fired. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue but I'm using Photoshop on IPad Pro 2020 and am not seeing that option. Also when I delete the text it autofills again😩

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like many others Myra thank you so much for this tip it solved my problem. 🙂  
kind regards

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As Myra said, it can be turned off. Otherwise, the text is selected, so just start typing to replace the text or press delete and then start typing.

It’s the Lorem ipsum dolor dummy text that you are seeing:

Lorem ipsum - Wikipedia

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it quite usefull anew feature of Photoshop CC 2019

You can easily select and remove or change this text any way you wish

As said Myra - you can turn it off - but try it more - it's usefull

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Useful? In what world could that ever be usefull?  By default, it should be off, and whoever did this should be fired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Especially since the "Lorem ipsum" did not always disappear for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a Designer myself. If you have something like a magazine or a big text wall (Wich you should do in indesign anyways but ok) then having the Lorem ipsum is very usefull because you get to see how the text looks and the whole feel of it. And since Lorem ipsum is written like an acutall language it is better then just smashing your head on the keyboard and typing random letters. So for actuall smart people that know how to use it, its a very usefull feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found on my mac  click Photoshop CC -> preferences -> tools -> TYPE -- under type options - uncheck -fill new type layers with placeholder text.

I don't know why the headings/directions are different but this is what my mac shows to get to the result of removing the text Lorem Ipsum.... from automatically showing up when using the horizontal text tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soooooooo Much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're awesome! It worked 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Myra Ferguson - I didn't have this problem until Photoshop 2022 on my mac but it was definitely frustrating. I found your fix by going to Photoshop [instead of Edit] >Preferences>Type then I unchecked the placement text box.  Anyway, thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stephanieh79140574 wrote:

I found your fix by going to Photoshop [instead of Edit] >Preferences>Type 

Windows always puts Preferences in the Edit menu; macOS always puts them in the Application menu (in this case, "Photoshop".)

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane. I was doing a course on udemy and got stuck today as well yes
preferencës the undelected Lorem ipsom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2024 CC , the type settings mentioned below are now under : Photoshop 2024>Settings>Type> unclick "fill new type layers with placeholder text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@NoIwontmakeaname wrote: "In 2024 CC..."

Not quite.

It's not Photoshop that made the change; it's macOS, which changed "Preferences" to "Settings" starting with macOS Ventura (but not in the previous ones.) It's still in the application menu on macOS.

https://www.macworld.com/article/803390/macos-ventura-system-preferences-settings.html

On Windows, it remains in Edit menu > Preferences

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines