• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Line Tool in PS 2021

Engaged ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer draw a line with the Line Tool. No matter how hard I try, I can not select Pixels in the menu, I can only select "Path" or "Shape". See my screenshot.

2020-11-17_00h56_16.png

Best regards: Micke Seise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe removed that line tool feature in 2021, Also removed in 2021 is the Line tool's Line weight. So the Line tool shape option can created Arrowed shape layer in 2021 no line shapes.  The line tool Path Option can create closed Arrow Paths with overlapping line paths between  arrowheads. Also changed is Arrowhead getting since line weight was removed size is set in pixels Though it looks like the path has 8 Control Points the are actually 10 control points  4 control points share 2 points.  Adobe has received much negative feedback you should add yours.

image.png

If you stroke the Line arrowheads Shape layer on the path or outside the path  the arrow heads will not point to the correct location  the stroke changes the arrowheads points locations.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, but I'm not looking for arrows, I'm using the line tool to find horizon and Vanishing Points in my Photoshop montage

Best regards: Micke Seise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To lay down pixels you would need to use the paint brush Adobe removed that feature from the Line tool. Click and shift click for straight lines with a hard  Paint brush.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pour faire un trait pour l'hrizon je prend le trait je me mets en forme je ne mets pas de fond je choisi la couleur du trait l'épaisseur et ça marche bien en plus après un peut changer de couleur et d'épaisseur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh. I use arrows all. the. time. This single tool-breaking "advancement" has forced me back to 21.2.4. Arrows should have proper tails! I can't imagine how this change actually helps anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pour faire un trait pour l'hrizon je prend le trait je me mets en forme je ne mets pas de fond je choisi la couleur du trait l'épaisseur et ça marche bien en plus après un peut changer de couleur et d'épaisseur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mais dans la v21, l'outil Flèche fonctionnait, comme prévu. Aucune expérience scientifique supplémentaire requise. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines