Highlighted

Three finger drag glitch 2020 Photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem that only shows up in Photoshop. 

I have a MacBook Pro running 10.15.6, Photoshop 21.2.2, and i use a trackpad. 

When i use the three finger drag to move a layer - doesn't matter what the layer is (text, shape, image) - when i drop the layer - aka, remove my three fingers from the trackpad - it will drop and move or glitch the layer. It never let's me precisly drop the layer where i want it. 

Now, i can CMD+T the layer and move it that way with not trouble from the three finger drag, but i shouldn't have to do that each time. Also, i can three finger drag layers in indesign and illustrator with no problem. 

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

Also note, this doesn't happen in ANY program i use, adobe or not. Only in Photoshop. 

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Three finger drag glitch 2020 Photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem that only shows up in Photoshop. 

I have a MacBook Pro running 10.15.6, Photoshop 21.2.2, and i use a trackpad. 

When i use the three finger drag to move a layer - doesn't matter what the layer is (text, shape, image) - when i drop the layer - aka, remove my three fingers from the trackpad - it will drop and move or glitch the layer. It never let's me precisly drop the layer where i want it. 

Now, i can CMD+T the layer and move it that way with not trouble from the three finger drag, but i shouldn't have to do that each time. Also, i can three finger drag layers in indesign and illustrator with no problem. 

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

Also note, this doesn't happen in ANY program i use, adobe or not. Only in Photoshop. 

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did figure another piece of info out today that might help...

When the object glitches, it glitches in the direction my mouse is moving. So if i drop the object ( lift my three fingers from the trackpad) and then move my mouse to the right (one finger drag on the trackpad) the object will move to the right with me. It's almost like the software isn't able to process the move quick enough. So weird. Some help would be appreciated. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0