• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline/Animation: can I replace images?

Participant ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello- I'm new to PS animations. I dove in and created a basic GIF from 5 layers using the Script to import them from PNGs. I need to replace these now with new graphics from a new set of PNGs. Is this possible without having to create my animation and all of the settings like delays?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you convert all your layers  to smart object layer. Smart Object layer Object Content can be replaced  Using menu Layer>Smart Object layers>replace Content.  Replacement content Aspect Ration Size and print resolution should be the same size  as the object being replaced.  Each layer can be replaced one at a time, If your Frame Animation;s frames are all the composed of a single layer replacing the smart object layers content the save an animated gif may work correctly.  Png file can have  borders that are completely transparent.  Replace content may use Photshop Place and Place may trim png image to the subject bounds/ The layers in the frame may not align in the frame animation the way you want.  I think you would be better off loaded the png  files into a stack. Create a frame animation and user make frames from layers in the Frame Animation Panel's Fly-out menu.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!  Sorry for the delay. I've been swamped working on this and other campaign tasks.  I will give this a try. It's been fun to play with GIF animations.

Rich.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines