• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring CS6 between OSes

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I have Adobe CS6 and I'm planning on changing from my windows laptop to a macbook. I did it once before some 5/6 years back but I'm not sure if Adobe still supports CS6 at this point that I'll be able to make the switch?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi

I'm afraid it's no longer possible

As Creative Suite 6 is no longer sold or supported, platform or language exchanges are not available for it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/exchange-product-language-os.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm afraid it's no longer possible

As Creative Suite 6 is no longer sold or supported, platform or language exchanges are not available for it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/exchange-product-language-os.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Ged said.

A platform switch would not work anyway because CS6 cannot be installed on Mac Catalina since Catalina has no support for 32 bit apps and the CS6 installer is 32 bit. Only current Adobe Cloud versions are compatible with Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline,

I have just bought a CS6 for Mac OS by mistake as I want the PC version.

Wanna swap !! my addy: <email address removed>

regards tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have bought pirated counterfeit software which is worth precisely nothing. That's not an assumption or a guess, that's a fact.

CS6 hasn't been legally available for many years (2015 or so if I recall correctly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I strongly disagree as I have bought this from a friend and have had the Transfer of License validated by Adobe as being legitimate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And CS6 won't install or run on macOS Catalina (which all Macs are now sold with) anyway so swapping will be futile for a Mac user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@tony5F8C ,

This is a user forum and we do not work for Adobe. If you think you have a legitimate copy, then Contact Adobe Customer Care:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
Click the chat icon in the lower right and type "agent".

They will most likely tell you no, you can't switch, because CS6 is no longer supported.

If they try to send you to the back to the forums, please post the agent's name and the case number here, as they should know that we are volunteers and cannot help with this.

Also, don't respond to scammers who lurk on forums and may PM you.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines