Highlighted

Transform Scale Not Working

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use transform scale to change the size of an image, it defaults to 'maintain aspect ratio'. However, if I turn of 'maintain aspect ratio, and try to adjust just the height or width, it still adjusts both, as if 'maintain aspect ratio' is still selected.

1. How can I change the default to 'off' for 'maintain aspect ratio'?

2. Why is it behaving the same whether it's selected or not? I've used photoshop in the past and not experienced this issue, not sure why it's happening now.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

Hi

If you are using the latest version , hold down shift to change the aspect ratio while transforming.

See here:

New and enhanced features | Latest release of Photoshop CC

It also gives details of how to revert the transform behaviour if required.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Transform Scale Not Working

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use transform scale to change the size of an image, it defaults to 'maintain aspect ratio'. However, if I turn of 'maintain aspect ratio, and try to adjust just the height or width, it still adjusts both, as if 'maintain aspect ratio' is still selected.

1. How can I change the default to 'off' for 'maintain aspect ratio'?

2. Why is it behaving the same whether it's selected or not? I've used photoshop in the past and not experienced this issue, not sure why it's happening now.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

Hi

If you are using the latest version , hold down shift to change the aspect ratio while transforming.

See here:

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 22, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

See here:

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's if you are clicking and dragging on the corner of an image. What if you want precise measurements and need to use the Transform window? Because mine is also stuck on constrain proportions and sometimes I just want to change X or Y.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
jane-e LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leigh,

Click the Link inbetween the Width and Height in the Transform options bar to disable it so the controls will work independently instead of together.

~ Jane

jane-e_0-1600128083389.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0