• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent layer

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create a new document that is a transparent layer, but nothing works even  if  I choose  transparent  from the drop down  menu I just create  a document  with  a white background, I watched a tube tutorial wereby you unlock your new white document layer, then add a blank layer above it which automatically becomes transparent with the familiar checkerboard look, then you delete the original B/G layer, doesn't work for me ? Any help greatly appreciated. I'm using CC 20.0.9

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Creating a new document with transparent layer works fine for me although I'm on version 21.2.1, have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences

image1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I watched a tube tutorial wereby you unlock your new white document layer, then add a blank layer above it which automatically becomes transparent with the familiar checkerboard look, then you delete the original B/G layer, doesn't work for me?"

What does (not) happen when you try it?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

New document. Click lock icon in layers. Select All. Delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines