• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to make background colors fade into different background colors

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making a background for a comic book titles, and what I've done is make for the background on the left side, a redish color, and on the right side a blueish color. However the center of the background looks irregular, mainly cause the left side is made kinda redish, and the right being blueish. What I want to do is to make it so that the middle bit of the background sort of blends in with the red and the blue. Does anyone know how? I'm using Photoshop 2021 by the way.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

I used a gradient adjustment layer rather than a white layer, as you mentioned. You can go back and edit the adjustment layers. There is a way to use hue saturation. You would need to create two hue saturation layers, then apply a black and white gradient to the layer masks of each adjustment layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the gradient tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned above, are you using the gradient tool? Can you post an example of what you're getting?  You can also add another gradient stop in the center to get the color you want. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you can see how there is a vertical line in the center, which around that point, I kindof want the red to blend into the blue.NebulaBackgroundNeedHelp.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definately, use the gradient tool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is, when I try to use it, nothing happens for some reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you applying the colors now? You should be able to use the gradient tool and use a blend mode that creates the effect that you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I just grab the gradient tool while selecting the background and just drag it across. When I try to change the colors, it just adds new colors across the background, and doesn't change the background colors at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you create the screen shot that you posted? How did you apply those colors? Can you show a screen show with your layer panel showing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the marquee tool to select half the picture, then did image>adjustments>Hue/Saturation. Then I did the other half.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example of a gradient over the entire image. The blend mode is set to soft light.

blue to red grad.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, do I just get a plain white background, add the gradient to it, then select the two layers I want to merge, and set it to blend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used a gradient adjustment layer rather than a white layer, as you mentioned. You can go back and edit the adjustment layers. There is a way to use hue saturation. You would need to create two hue saturation layers, then apply a black and white gradient to the layer masks of each adjustment layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines