Highlighted

Turn off free transform everytime I use the selection tool

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on something in photoshop when I wanted to free transfrom something with the controls
CTRL + T (that gives you a blue frame where you can change the size of a layer. But I accidently pressed some other button, and now, everytime I want to use the standard select tool that you can use with
CTRL + V, it automatically turns on the free transform tool (CTRL + T) and I don't know how to turn it off. Could someone please tell me how to turn it off? 
(Sorry for my bad english)

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Turn off free transform everytime I use the selection tool

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on something in photoshop when I wanted to free transfrom something with the controls
CTRL + T (that gives you a blue frame where you can change the size of a layer. But I accidently pressed some other button, and now, everytime I want to use the standard select tool that you can use with
CTRL + V, it automatically turns on the free transform tool (CTRL + T) and I don't know how to turn it off. Could someone please tell me how to turn it off? 
(Sorry for my bad english)

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

V is the shortcut for the move tool

2020-11-19 11_06_34-Window.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, and everytime I use it, it automatically gives me the free transform (CTRL + T) tool too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mentioned Ctrl + V in your original post, try resetting the Tools

2020-11-19 11_13_57-Window.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't work

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hear is an example:
help.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncheck this option

2020-11-19 11_35_17-Window.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0