• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two versions of Photoshop (and Bridge) on computer

Contributor ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just looked at the Creative Cloud on my computer and see I now have Photoshop V 21.2.4  and V 22.0.  Also Bridge V 10.1.1. and V 11.0.  Can I just go ahead and remove the older versions of each with no problems?  When I start up Photoshop it defaults to the newer version (also when working in Lightroom and I want to edit in Photoshop it opens the new version too).  Thanks for any help.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I,m beginning to think CC  is a massive waste of money and time. Updated to 2021 PS and it wouldn,t recognise the path so installed both versions. No have to put all presets, actions etc back. Not happy at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only two more would be safer.image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even in the old CS days, Adobe would allow us to hang on to the previous version for a month in case of any problems. Especially if you have work that must get out on schedule.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll leave it on for a month or two to see if all works normally.  Then if successful I'll remove.  Most of the time I use Lightroom but for heavier edits I go into Photoshop.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The safe way to uninstall old versions is to follow reverse version order. Start with the newest and go backwards. Then when they are all removed, reinstall the one you want to keep (usually the newest).

The reason is that any version you uninstall will take file associations with it, leaving any remaining versions orphaned. Reassigning file associations is usually, but not always straightforward. When it isn't, you may have to go in and manually edit the registry. You don't want to do that, trust me.

Follow version order, and you'll be safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  So I'll remove the newest version of Photoshop, then the older.  Do the same order with Bridge.  Then re-install Photoshop and Brige via Adobe Creative Cloud. I assume it will only install the latest version of each.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines