• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to change duration of video timeline in Photoshop

Participant ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to shorten the duration of the video timeline from the default 5s down to 3s. All the support documentation refers to adjusting Document Settings in the Animation Panel menu. I cannot find Document Settings anywhere. The best I can do is to set the end of the work are at the playhead positioned at 3s. But is there no way to adjust the total duration? What if I would like to extend the duration to 6s instead of 5s?? It's so annoying that the online documentation refers to old UI that doesn't exist in current latest version of Photoshop CC (currently working in 22.3.0)

Andrew S Klug // ASK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

If you UNLOCK the background layer (becomes regular layer), you can extend the length of your videos by dragging on the trim (edges) of your layers.

If (for some reason) you need a Locked Background Version:

• New BLANK VIDEO layers are based on the existing duration of your document
  1. Create new static layer (regular photoshop layer)
  2. In Timeline, extend static layer to your "maximum" length (longer is ok)
  3. Create new Blank Video Layer (this will conform to your custom static layer length).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you UNLOCK the background layer (becomes regular layer), you can extend the length of your videos by dragging on the trim (edges) of your layers.

If (for some reason) you need a Locked Background Version:

• New BLANK VIDEO layers are based on the existing duration of your document
  1. Create new static layer (regular photoshop layer)
  2. In Timeline, extend static layer to your "maximum" length (longer is ok)
  3. Create new Blank Video Layer (this will conform to your custom static layer length). After this is established, new blank video layers will be created with the duration of your longest video layer.
  4. When complete, trim project to necessary duration.

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for quick reply. Can you please clarify "trim project to necessary duration"... I can't figure out how to do this???

Andrew S Klug // ASK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, please disrgeard my last message. Now I see that unlocking the background layer allows me to trim the project by shortening the duration of the background

Andrew S Klug // ASK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines