Highlighted

Unable to load styles or patterns in PS 2021

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I've upgraded, I'm unable to load new styles or patterns. There is no longer a "load styles" in the drop down menu on the styles or patterns palettes. I don't see a way of adding them in the Preset Manager, either. Help?!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by mglush | Adobe Community Professional

Wow! That's bizarre. This may be an idea that you've already tried, but I have to ask...have you tried to import them directly from the folder on your  desktop by using the Import Styles option from the dropdown menu as Jane suggested? 

Michelle

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to load styles or patterns in PS 2021

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I've upgraded, I'm unable to load new styles or patterns. There is no longer a "load styles" in the drop down menu on the styles or patterns palettes. I don't see a way of adding them in the Preset Manager, either. Help?!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by mglush | Adobe Community Professional

Wow! That's bizarre. This may be an idea that you've already tried, but I have to ask...have you tried to import them directly from the folder on your  desktop by using the Import Styles option from the dropdown menu as Jane suggested? 

Michelle

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Open the panels from the Window menu (not the options bar) and scroll to the bottom to find "Legacy". If you don't see it, please share a screen shot of the panels.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jane-e,

I do see that, but it just adds Legacey styles. How do I add a new style that I purchased today? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura,

Use the panel menu and choose "Import Styles", then navigate to the file that has the styles that you purchased.

~ Jane

jane-e_0-1603847353505.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that, too, but when I do, I don't see any of the .asl files that are in the Styles preset folder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

You may need to navigate back to the Preset>Styles folder in your old version of Photoshop to load them.  

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle,

I bought new styles today, and I put them in the 2021 preset folder. When I try to import styles, I don't see anything to open, though the files are there. 

This is the 2021 Styles preset folder in when Importing. Nothing there in the last column.Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 8.57.19 PM.png

These are the files actually in that folder:
Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 8.57.45 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, I just tried loading Actions. Though "Load Actions" is in the drop down, and there are files in the Actions preset folder, there are no files to select when trying to load, just like the Styles.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH MY GOODNESS, Michelle! That worked! I copied the .asl file to the desktop, and tried importing from there. I was also able to import actions and patterns from the desktop. They just won't show up when they're in the preset folders. Thank you, but WHY????

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!

I have no idea! 🙂 I'm just glad it worked for you. 

Have fun playing with your new styles 🙂

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help!!! 

Laura 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
mglush LATEST
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are very welcome! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0