• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open Photoshop 2020 : Photoshop was unable to parse the PostScript

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not open Photoshop 2020.  When I try to open it, it reads: Could not complete your request becaue Photoshop was unable to parse the PostScript.  I was on it not 10 minutes before I had to close it out, went back on, and now this message shows up... UGH! HELP!

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us the exact version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers operating system? Please try updating the application to the latest version (22.2) through the Creative Cloud desktop app & check if that helps.

You can also check out the conversation here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/error-could-not-complete-your-request-because-photoshop-was...

Let us know it if helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same problem, the program worked an hour ago and now it can't be opened.

I would like to reinstall it or update it, but the creative cloud app doesn't respond. For this reason, I can't share the exact version of photoshop. But it's Photoshop 2021 running on Windows.

Thank you

Alžběta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us if you started experiencing the issue after an update to Photoshop or to Windows?

You can try re-installing both Photoshop & the Creative Cloud desktop app after uninstalling them using the Creative Cloud cleaner tool. You can check the steps to use the Creative Cloud cleaner tool here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that asking us to uninstall and reinstall Photoshop as a first line of approach. Many of us use 3rd party addons and purchased Actions. Doing a reinstall is should not be the first solution. What if Microsoft told everyone to just re-install it every time they get a problem reported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly it often solves the issue though. It's my first go-to solution, haha. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now having the exact same problem!  Please Help!  Photoshop 2021 on Windows 10.  Not happening after windows update.  I was on PS 3 minutes ago and now I can't open it at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS A TROUBLSHOOTING THING YOU MAY WANNA TRY:

2021-04-12_154834.jpg

2021-04-12_155113.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, at least it opened Photoshop. I haven't tried the cloud. Figured I'd leave well enough alone. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You just became my hero! I was panicking so hard, but this worked a dream. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same issue and was looking for a solution that wasn't just "uninstall" it since I had things to work on and couldn't wait that long. I tried the shift trick glenn posted and that did not work for me, but it gave me the idea to right click the program and run it as administerator and that worked! Opened right up. Hopefully it will do the same for others. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem here. Photoshop won't start and gives an error message about being unable to parse a PostScript file, when trying to run the program from the start menu without asking to open a specific file.

Left shift click and running as administrator did not work for me.

Just for reference, I found another solution:

https://medium.com/@sumona7chatterjee/fix-could-not-complete-your-request-because-of-a-problem-parsi...

The article is about PhotoShop CC 2018, but it worked in my case (22.3.0 release in 2021):

- Start the registry editor (Windows+R: RegEdit)

- Browse to 'Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\x', with x being the highest version number, I suppose (150.0 in my case)

- Right click on the white window space and select New / DWORD (32-bit) Value

- Double click the newly created value and assign it a value of 4000 (hexadecimal)

- Close all programs and restart the computer

- Try running Photoshop again

This worked for me, but cannot promise it will for anyone.

It seems the nature of the problem may be memory related?

Or is it the scratch disk?

It would be great if an Adobe expert could chime in and elaborate on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this. It is beyond my computer ability to have to program a computer. I am going to get an Adobe agent to completely remove and reinstall Photoshop yet again. It keeps resetting itself and when I post in the forums, there is no solution. I am tired of these constant issues with this app!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, I had the same issue on a Windows 10. Clearly an issue with the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear! Disappointed Adobe has not chimed in, but always give the same response ("Have you updated the softaware?")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines