Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Unknown bug] Only black color in latest Photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

未命名.png
Hi, I really need your help with this. I just bought a new laptop (with very good spec) and download the latest version of photoshop, and it seems like everything is black now. The color picker doesn't work, and when I open my old files they're also black.
I've tried:
  • disable GPU processor
  • change to RGB mode
  • change color setting
But it's still the same. I cannot find any solution online so here I am.
P.S. I tried to uninstall Photoshop 2021 and install 2020 version, but it's still the same. Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit > Preferences and try to uncheck this. Relaunch PS when done:

gpu.png

If this fixes it, it's a buggy video driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I've found the solution - "calibrate display color".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, then you monitor profile is bad and you need to replace it. The way to do this properly is to use a calibrator (Spyder, i1 Display, ColorMunki etc) - but if you don't have one, replace the current profile with sRGB IEC61966-2.1. It won't be entirely accurate, but it'll work.

Displayprofile_20_3.png

I don't know what you've done, but it probably caused Windows to throw out all profiles and substitute sRGB on its own. So the net result may be the same. But the above is the way you should do it.

Actually I had a hunch it might be a seriously defective monitor profile, but it's not often you see extreme cases like this. If you're not using a calibrator, monitor/laptop manufacturers distribute their own generic profiles through Windows Update. These are often inaccurate or outright broken, but this one wins the price hands down...

Judging by the number of posts recently about this, a particularly bad batch has just gone out from Dell, Asus, Acer, Samsung or LG. Those are the worst offenders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines