• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using color selector to mix real oil paint

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually eye ball things in adobe when it comes to matching colors with the selector tool. Is there a configuration setting that helps mixing real oil paint more accurate with the color selector tool? Any tips or guides would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use this plugin myself, but perhaps this plugin might help:

Mix Colors in Photoshop / Photoshop CS5 CS3 CS4 Panel plugin by Anastasiy for mixing colors / MixCol...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Some folk prefer the color wheel for painting which is now available in CC2019 (click at the top right of the color panel and choose color wheel from the drop down menu)

For painting though I like to use the mixer brush with a second document on screen (Window > Arrange > Tile > 2 up vertical)  containing a "pallette" of colours that I can "mix", using the mixer brush, on that pallete then use as the source paint on the main document.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. The color wheel option is very helpful. I think I should clarify. I'm trying to use adobe to identify color in photos so I can take real paint to correctly mix the corresponding color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't find Photoshop to be particularly good at simulating mixing oil paints.  Least ways, I am not very good at it.  I nearly fell asleep just now reading the LAB colour thread with Norman, Dag, and the terribly dry G.Hoffmann getting all excited and pedantic about a zillioneth decimal point colour rendition.  It seems to be more about making exact copies of reality, and less about making art and illustrations. 

Quora has recently suffered a deluge of 'what colour does green and brown make?' questions recently, and it drives me mad every time I see another one.  So I went looking for, and found an online colour mixing widget.

https://trycolors.com/

It has a bunch of tools that help you answer these questions, and is actually pretty useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was the PERFECT solution to what I have been looking for. Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines