Highlighted

UXP Plugin Photoshop + Read write XMP data + XMP lib:AdobeXMPScript

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been evaluating the UXP plugin architecture for migration and I can't find any API to read and write the XMP metadata. 

Are there any plans to support this?

Is there anything similar to 'ExternalObject' and the way we used it in Extendscript?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

UXP Plugin Photoshop + Read write XMP data + XMP lib:AdobeXMPScript

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been evaluating the UXP plugin architecture for migration and I can't find any API to read and write the XMP metadata. 

Are there any plans to support this?

Is there anything similar to 'ExternalObject' and the way we used it in Extendscript?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably I am only one person who can tell something more about, as I'm concerned about much. That I know XMP will not be supported by UXP, so to use it you will need modern tools. Still there is no answer how to read metadata (similary UXP can nott be used to other stuff ExtendScript handled well). Maybe in future they cover every segment of EX by UXP, for now you can try to join Photoshop Prerelease Program where you'll get more answeres directly from creators (also about how we will read metadata other way than we did so far):

UXP documenation for developers?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0