• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very limited saving options

Explorer ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I did different today was I rendered a video and now I can't save my images as JPG/JPEGs.

When I click File > Save As > Save As Type, it used to give me a large list of options, now I only have PSD, PSB, or TIFF. 

It never used to be this way before, and I already have a JPEG version of this file, but I changed a couple words and need to update it.  I tried using other files, including some very small files, but still have the same problem. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Hi Since the update to v22.4, if your file contains items that are not supported in your required format (e.g. layers or 16 bits/channel) then the file format is moved to the Save a Copy menu. This was driven by changes in the Mac Operating System, although the changes are applied to both Mac and Windows versions to keep them aligned.

It make a lot of sense. If all content is supported, Save As, if the document has content that is not supported and will therefore be lost, Save a Copy.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Since the update to v22.4, if your file contains items that are not supported in your required format (e.g. layers or 16 bits/channel) then the file format is moved to the Save a Copy menu. This was driven by changes in the Mac Operating System, although the changes are applied to both Mac and Windows versions to keep them aligned.

It make a lot of sense. If all content is supported, Save As, if the document has content that is not supported and will therefore be lost, Save a Copy.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this update go into affect like 10 minutes ago? Because that's when this started happening with all my files after rendering that video. It all worked perfectly before this. 

Why do I have to save everything as a copy now? Whole thing seems pointless, but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As explained above, it was introduced in 22.4 (deployed over the last couple of days) and was driven by changes in the recent Mac operating system. Adobe had no choice but to change on Macs but both Windows and Mac versions were changed so that they remain aligned.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Auto Update turned on - it could have upgraded without you knowing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple Sucks.. they are mad.. but adobe should do some analysis before doing this change.. most of adobe users are windows OS based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...........most of adobe users are windows OS based."

You base this opinion on what? It is a long time since I've seen Adobe publish the split but it used to be close to 50:50.  It is most likely swayed towards PCs now - but having answered questions on this forum for quite a few years, Macs are not a tiny minority of users.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They've changed the saving options with 22.4:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll it's frustrating when you've got a 27 year habit and now you have to retrain yourself because some noobs don't know what they are saving. Especially when it doesn't always keep track of the folder your working in. Rant... exhausted lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an old thread.

In the current version you can revert to the old legacy behaviour in Preferences - File Handling.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines