• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom .inf file

Enthusiast ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posed a question to Wacom technical support, which their tech was unable to answer.  Given that many PS people use Wacom products, I'm hoping someone in this forum can answer the question.  

The latest driver update for my Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 is WacomTablet_6.3.41-1.exe.  Does that executable generate an .inf file?  For example, when I run an executable to update a driver for my Dell U2713H monitor, the executable creates an .inf file in Windows (C:\Dell\Drivers\MKTX9\U2713H.inf).  Does WacomTablet_6.3.41-1.exe create an .inf file?  If so, what is the name of the file and where is it located (i.e., what is the path)?

For context: My understanding is that, before color calibrating a monitor in Windows, it is preferable to check that Windows is communicating through the monitor's proper driver rather than through a Generic PnP driver.  If I see that Windows does recognize a monitor as a Generic PnP, I can update the driver and manually direct Windows to the .inf file (e.g., C:\Dell\Drivers\MKTX9\U2713H.inf).  In Windows>Device Manager, my Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 appears as a Generic PnP monitor; however,  I can't find any Wacom .inf file.  So, I'm trying to find out if Wacom does generate an .inf and, if so, where is it located?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?